We all love a “jumpstart” and accelerated results, that’s why I’m a fan of “resetting” your body and brain with an easy cleanse to get the ball rolling. With that being said, I want to clarify that I don’t like “diets” and feeling punished and deprived in the name of releasing fat. Dramatically reducing calories will lead to feeling “hangry,” tired and ultimately lead to binge eating. It is true that we may be eating too much but usually that’s because we are eating the wrong foods that are addictive, like bread, pasta, chips, cookies and bagels. Foods like these are easy to overeat and they make us fat, sick and tired!
We have great intentions on Monday morning after a weekend of unplanned eating and drinking. How many times did you say to yourself on a Sunday that you were going to “start” your “get wedding dress ready diet” and it turned into a “Sunday Fun-day?” We’ve all been there. It’s not easy to start to “be good” or “eat healthy” when we don’t really know where to start. This is where a bride fit coach comes in (that’s me)! As a coach I partner with clients and guide them on the very confusing road to their health and fitness goals. I’m going to list some things to get you started. Attaining a fit & fabulous Bride Fit Body is a combination of what you eat, moving your body, sleep and stress management. Let’s list the actions to do NOW to ACCELERATE Fat Release:
- Break up with Sugar. This is the first place to start because SUGAR is addictive and the cravings are powerful which makes choosing the food that nourish our bodies and support the goal of a Bride Fit Body very difficult. I have a 5 day Break up with Sugar program that I do when I need to reset my body and brain. There are other good ones out there. Cleanses that ultimately get you to eat real whole food after the initial “shake or juice” part are the best ones.
- Clean out the Cabinets. Two of the biggest reasons for getting derailed from your clean eating plan are STRESS and CRAVINGS. You will definitely experience stress and as a result you will have cravings for salty, sugary or both foods. Clear the trigger foods in your kitchen! Throw out all the snacky food that is not supporting your goals and will lead to overeating. That may be ice cream, chips, cookies, wine or whatever is made up of sugar and flour that looks really tempting after a long stressful day! Trust me, you will be less likely to get in your car to purchase whatever you are craving.
- Plan & Prepare. Make sure you do have healthy alternatives to munch on like raw nuts, cut up veggies and raw chips for an example. Clean greens, grill chicken, hard boil eggs, roast vegetables, make or buy BONE BROTH and store in your fridge for easy access.
- Move your Body. FAT LOSS is a by product of strength, incorporating body weight exercises and progressing to picking up heavy things, will burn fat and move you towards your Bride Fit Body. Measure how many steps you take per day with a Pedometer, the goal is 10,000!
- Get Enough Sleep. Without adequate quality sleep (7-9 hours), fat release is difficult, if not impossible. Soak in a hot bath with Epson salt and lavender essential oil for 20 minutes before bed and sleep like a baby! Read something that gives you happy thoughts instead of scanning social media and make sure your room is cool and dark for quality shut eye.
If you haven’t started my on-line program, 12 WEEKS TO A FIT BRIDE yet, get started today! Please contact me with any suggestions, questions or support to become Bride Fit in your body, mind, home & relationshipJ