Dinner can sabotage your Bride Fit plan to get ‘wedding dress ready,’ because if hunger hits without a plan, impulsive decisions like ordering pizza happen! Having certain item’s on hand will ensure that a fast & healthy Bride Fit dinner is always available.
Here are some of my favorite quick & easy dinner idea’s using ingredients found at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and Costco:
- Ready made spiral zucchini
- Organic diced tomatoes
- Black bean or lentil pasta
- Dorot frozen crushed garlic https://www.mydorot.com/project/garlic/and whatever other frozen cubes they have to save you from chopping.
- Frozen chicken tender strips, plain not breaded
- Frozen uncooked Wild Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Ready made chicken sausage
- Frozen stir fry vegetables
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Frozen ready made brown rice
- Frozen fire roasted peppers and onions
- Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- Fresh ginger of minced ginger- they sell my favorite in a glass jar at Whole Foods in the Asian section
Shrimp or Chicken with Spiral Zucchini Noodles
Start with a garlic square or two with a drizzle of olive oil, lightly brown the garlic and then pour in organic diced tomatoes, cook for about 10 minutes, and season to taste. While the sauce is lightly boiling toss in the shrimp or chicken tenders strips and allow them to cook in the sauce, about 10 minutes, then add the zucchini noodles for about 2-3 minutes. Add some fresh basil if you have some.
Sausage with Peppers & Onions
This is super simple and delicious! You can prepare the black bean or lentil pasta to add to the meal also, which gives you more nutrients than white flour pasta. Add the frozen fire roasted peppers and onions to a pan, cover and steam, add the already cooked chicken sausage and sautÃ© with some olive oil.
Quick Stir Fry
Start with whatever frozen stir-fry vegetable combo you chose, once steamed add in the chicken tenders or shrimp and some ginger and tamari sauce. You can prepare the brown or cauliflower rice separate and serve the stir-fry on top.
Don’t make dinnertime or any other meal daunting, keep it simple! Meal planning and having easy go to items on hand takes the stress out of the equation.
For the roadmap to getting ‘wedding dress ready’ and the secrets to living ‘happily & healthily ever after’ with your fiancÃ©, get started with my on-line program for exceptional brides today! Share your favorite quick and easy meals in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (View more)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017