Have you experienced DREAD in the morning when you get up knowing you have to go give your best to a workplace that doesnâ€™t value you, has poor leadership, and kills a little bit of your soul everyday? Probably a lot of us can say â€œYesâ€ to that question.
Warning Signs of a Toxic Workplace:
- Lack of Leadership
- Employees Tearing Each Other Down
- Passive / Aggressive Leadership
- Destructive Gossip
- Back Stabbing Politices
- Abundant Negativity
Toxic environments can destroy your self esteem and make you negative, angry and possibly depressed.Â You need to safe guard yourself.
Tips for Remaining Positive:
- Remember you are not defined by your environment.
- Practice positive self-talk.
- Post uplifting quotes everywhere.
- Recognize you can’t control what other people say or do.
- Remind yourself who you truly are.
- Focus on yourself and self improvement.Â This will take your mind off of others and your environment.
- View your situation as a learning experience.
- Document poor leadership qualities and management mistakes for you to use when you are a leader or manager.
Do your best to conduct yourself with integrity; attempting to be the best at the job you were hired for while you are looking for new work.Â Even though this employer probably doesnâ€™t deserve your loyalty or hard work; working hard in bad circumstances says a lot about your character to the people around you and that reputation will follow you wherever you go.
See the full article here:Â Â https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyanderson/2013/06/17/coping-in-a-toxic-work-environment/#5b2d1f257461
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021