There are benefits to eating of food consisting of high carbohydrates, which includes these three separate categories: sugars, starches, and even fiber. Sugar carbs are found in lactose, fructose, and sucrose. Carbohydrates from starches are found in, potatoes, rice, legumes, and even peas. Fiber carbs are the associated with the following: vegetables, cooked beans, fruits, and even certain whole grain foods. All of carbohydrates are turned into glucose (which is sugar) inside your body.
Not all carbs are equal. Whole carbs (these are the good carbs) are found in nature. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. For example, a raw apple. Refined carbs are found in packages. For example, an apple fritter. These have very little value in providing your body good nutrition. You need to look for good whole carbohydrates that are found in nature.
Not all carbohydrates are considered the same, there is a healthy way to increase carbs. The scale of high and low carbs falls on the Glycemic Index (GI) scale. It ranges from 0 to 100 and measures how your blood sugar increases. The top 5 carbohydrate foods known as high quality are Potatoes, Yams, Beans, Quinoa, and even Bananas. Other fruits that are highly notable are apples, grapefruits, oranges, and even pears.
Need a boost in carbs? Here are 5 foods you need to get asap! #HealthStatus
- 1Carbohydrate food can be grouped into three types, simple sugars, starchy foods and fibrous foods.
- 2The best way to provide your body with nutrients is to eat foods found in nature not the snack aisle.
- 3While all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose, the body’s blood sugar levels rise considerably more with some, rather than others.
See the original at: https://www.nutritioninspector.com/benefits-high-carbohydrate-foods/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Blood Test May Predict Who Is Most At Risk For Diabetes - July 19, 2018
- My Mammogram Missed My Breast Cancer - July 19, 2018
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018