Do You Spend the Majority of Your Nights Out Queuing for the Toilet Once You’ve Broken the Seal? Here’s Why

Do You Spend the Majority of Your Nights Out Queuing for the Toilet Once You’ve Broken the Seal? Here’s Why

According to experts there may be some truth to the theory, and there are even ways to train the bladder to go less frequently. Frequent loo breaks after a tipple are believed to be down to the alcohol itself. If we stuck to soft drinks we’d spend a lot less time queuing up in nightclub toilets, according to one expert. Urologist Professor Peter Chin, told news.com.au that not only is breaking the seal real, alcohol has distinct qualities that add to the problem. Around 20 per cent of the alcohol we drink is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream. The remaining 80 per cent takes about 30 minutes or more to absorb and for us to feel the effects. As the alcohol travels around the bloodstream it eventually ends up at the kidneys where waste becomes urine.

Key Points:

  • 1I is almost universally known as ‘breaking the seal’ — the theory that once you go to the loo on a night out you will be nipping to the bathroom at regular intervals
  • 2Urologist Professor Peter Chin, told news.com.au that not only is breaking the seal real, alcohol has distinct qualities that add to the problem.
  • 3As the alcohol travels around the bloodstream it eventually ends up at the kidneys where waste becomes urine.


Booze interferes with the pituitary gland situated in the base of the brain. When it’s working normally, the gland produces the anti-diuretic hormone which tells the kidneys to absorb more water and not send as much to the bladder.

Read the full article at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2021166/its-a-real-phenomenon-heres-why-once-youve-broken-the-seal-on-a-night-out/

Follow us

HealthStatus

HealthStatus has been operating since 1998 providing the best interactive health tools on the Internet, millions of visitors have used our health risk assessment, body fat and calories burned calculators.The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Follow us

Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)

Share

HealthStatus has been operating since 1998 providing the best interactive health tools on the Internet, millions of visitors have used our health risk assessment, body fat and calories burned calculators. The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *