Participating in an online MBA program has its benefits. You can move at your own pace from the comfort of home while still being able to obtain your degree sooner than you would taking the traditional route. Moreover, you can save a great deal of money that would otherwise go to tuition, accommodation, travel, and a range of other expenses.
But in order to fully enjoy the advantages of studying online, you need to stay motivated. Paying attention to your mental and physical wellbeing is key, especially now that you’re spending more time alone and less time active. Below are some strategies for staying healthy while studying for an online MBA.
Choose the Right Course
Before we go any further, it’s worth noting the importance of choosing the right MBA course. Some have different specializations and you want peace of mind that the degree you’re studying for will allow you to enter your desired field. It should also be properly accredited to ensure that you won’t struggle when entering the job market.
This California online MBA no GMAT, for instance, has four different concentrations to choose from and is recognized by the relevant associations, including the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Once you’ve made your choice, you can move on to the following strategies.
Since you’ll be spending a large portion of your days sitting down at a computer, it’s imperative that you maintain a regular exercise routine. Not only will it help you maintain strength and a healthy weight, but it’s also important for mental health and cognitive performance. The more you exercise, the better you’ll study. Here are some ideas:
- A brisk walk: If you haven’t worked out in a while, a relaxing daily walk outside is the way forward.
- Swimming: An excellent way to work every muscle in your body. Plus, you don’t have to worry about sweat.
- Gym: Heading to the local gym is a great idea as it can help you cram in a bit of socializing at the same time.
- Sports: Another way to stay both active and social is to join a local sports group.
For one reason or another, you might be stuck inside. In that case, you can consider some of the following activities:
- Yoga: All you need is a mat and a few minutes of time. If you’re unfamiliar with the practice, you can find plenty of free yoga classes on YouTube. There are also apps that can guide you through the moves.
- Dancing: Did you know that you can burn up to 500 calories by dancing for just one hour?
- Barre: This unique workout style only requires some support, such as a chair. It’s particularly helpful for improving your balance and composure.
- Bodyweight Exercise: From intense strength workouts to smooth and steady mobility exercises, bodyweight exercise involves nothing but your body and a small amount of space. Once again, the internet and app market are your friends for obtaining guidance.
Every small investment of time and effort adds up, so be sure to stay active on a daily basis.
Being at home all day makes it all too easy to take an unhealthy number of trips to the kitchen. The following tips can help you maintain a proper diet while studying for your online MBA:
- Avoid snacking: Stick to normal meals to prevent frequent eating. If you absolutely have to snack, make it something healthy such as fruits, nuts, or seeds.
- Drink water: This is an ideal time to practice sticking to water and if you’d like, some energy-boosting green tea. Removing any sugary drinks from the fridge is a good idea.
- Meal plan: Using some of your extra hours to set up a meal plan for the week ahead can help you stick to healthy snacks.
- Cooking: Focus on learning how to prepare your own meals instead of calling for a delivery of junk food. How else are you going to impress your guests?
Get Enough Sleep
It might seem obvious, but getting sufficient slumber each night is far too underrated and under-practiced in our modern times. Sticking to a regular sleep schedule will help you focus on your studies and reduce stress and anxiety. It’s a good idea to avoid working in your bedroom so that your mind is calibrated to viewing that space as one for sleep only.
Don’t forget to take frequent breaks and have a breath of fresh air to clear your mind. Staying in touch with friends and family also helps. A bit of meditation isn’t a bad idea either.