There are a ton of diets out there: no dairy, no gluten, no carbs, no sugar, no fat….
This dietician wanted to eliminate all added in sugar, not the sugar naturally found in fruits, vegetables, grains or dairy. She went into this thinking it would be easy since she generally is a salt craver not a sugar craver. To her surprise, she failed on day one. She at some wholemeal crackers and believe it or not they contained sugar.
If you want to succeed in a diet that eliminates one ingredient you must be vigilant about reading all labels and don’t even consider going out to eat. You have no idea what restaurants are cooking with. And asking the waiter how something is prepared will get you at the minimum an eye roll.
When she got tired, like many of us, the self-control went away. It is very hard to stick to anything when you are tired.
Dietician discovers difficulty of removing sugar from your diet. Advocates a more balanced approach. #HealthStatus
- 1Don’t attempt diets that eliminate entire food groups, because it’s impossible to sustain.
- 2To completely understand what you are eating, you must really read all food labels.
- 3Rather than making incredibly difficult changes to your diet, it’s much easier to make small changes that you can stick to.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Child Constipation - July 22, 2019
- How Safe Is Your Public Swimming Pool? - July 17, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Lactose Intolerance - July 15, 2019