If you’ve ever been lucky enough to get pregnant, surely there were a million thoughts going through your head about how to prepare for such a life-changing event. There are so many advertisements for the newest and latest and greatest baby items that you “must have” or else your baby won’t grow up to be a smart, well-rounded child (insert sarcasm here). I know that when I was pregnant with my first child, I was overwhelmed with all of the “necessities” that everybody was telling me that I needed in order to bring a child into the world. I went out and purchased every single thing that I thought was even remotely a necessity on every baby registry checklist. I have so much unused baby junk – hello to you Dutalier glider – that I don’t even know where to begin. But what about before you get pregnant? Isn’t there a checklist for what you need to do before you even think of trying to conceive in order to do it the healthiest way possible for both you and your baby? Whether it’s vitamins or exercise or a family medical history, this list will detail everything that you should be thinking about BEFORE you think about getting pregnant. I’ve got to admit, I wish that I had a list like this to reference when my husband and I were trying for our first child. We found out in our 3rd month pregnant that I had a genetic blood clotting disorder that I wish I had known about months earlier. But maybe this list – which includes genetic screening and obtaining a family medical history – can help somebody else get ready for their own little miracle.
- 1It is crucial to go into pregnancy with adequate stores of iron.
- 2Take iron with vitamin C for better absorption.
- 3Make sure pregnancy and delivery is covered on your health insurance plan.
Actually making sure that your body has a good store of certain minerals and vitamins can be crucial to the success and health of your future child.
Read the full article at: http://prebabyblog.com/2015/12/pre-pregnancy-check-list/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- New Wearable Tech Could Boost Energy, Relieve Stress - February 25, 2017
- The Grass Is Not Always Greener On The Other Side: 7 Things To Consider Before You Move To A New Job - February 25, 2017
- Nutraceutical Company Discovers a Better Delivery System - February 24, 2017