You have probably noticed mosquitoes lurking about. They are most active in the early morning and late evening. Although most humans agree that there is no reason for the existence of mosquitoes, they do provide a good source of protein to multiple predators in the wild. If you’re planning a summer trip, be sure to bring the mosquito repellant. Not only are mosquitoes annoying, but they can be harmful. Mosquitoes can carry several different types of diseases and spread them to whoever they bite. The most well-known is Malaria and is characterized by flu-like symptoms that can even lead to death in some cases. Dengue fever is very similar to that of West Nile virus. Chikungunya is a debilitating disease that can have lingering joint pain for years. Yellow fever and St. Louis encephalitis are other diseases that mosquitoes can carry; so make sure you pack the repellant when you go out in the evenings.
- 1Malaria is not contagious in the same way a cold or the flu, nor can it be transmitted through sexual activity – there needs to be blood contact for a transfer to take place
- 2You’re more likely to contract St. Louis encephalitis if you’ve been visiting the southern, central, or western U.S. during the summer and fall months.
- 3West Nile and Zika may currently be the most famous diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, but you should be aware that yellow fever is a risk as well.
Whether you’re outside on a cool summer night on your own patio or making a getaway for the weekend , you may find yourself swatting away at bugs all night long. Bug spray is not only important, but sometimes, it can be life-saving. Mosquitoes can spread more diseases than just West Nile and Zika, and avoiding them can help keep you safe and healthy. Some mosquitoes easily travel from one animal to another, and if you aren’t careful, you can contract a serious disease from a single bite. Here are five diseases you didn’t know you could get from mosquitoes that should be on your radar.
Read the full article at: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/diseases-you-didnt-know-you-could-get-from-mosquitoes.html/%3Fa%3Dviewall&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjhjMDhkMjQ0Yzc4OWE4MmY6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNFuPb57wXNX8-ycHnSCPbgt-3de9w
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021