Your foot is complex and amazing. Your foot has bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, skin and soft tissue. Your foot is arched in two directions. The longitudinal arch runs the length of the foot and the transverse arch runs the width of the foot. Your foot has 26 bones and 33 joints.
Your foot is the foundation of movement. And because of the complexity and how often you use your feet things can go wrong. Pain in your foot indicates there is a problem.
Foot pain can be caused by:
Fungi – Athlete’s Foot
Viruses – Plantar Warts
Ingrown Toe Nail
Systemic Disease – Diabetes, Lupus, Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis
Deformities – Bunion, Hammertoes, Bone Spurs
Muscle and Tendon Issues – Flatfeet, High Arched Feet
Trauma – From Injury or Repetition
Poorly Fitting Foot Wear – blisters, corns, calluses
Muscle Strain – Overstretching, overuse or overloading
Injury – Bruise or Fracture
Seek treatment when:
Foot pain interferes with normal activities
Pain when moved
Pain when your foot bears weight
Pain that changes your walking motion
Change in skin or toenail color
Treatments for dealing with foot pain vary depending upon the cause. But you should seek treatment after a few days of rest, ice and over the counter pain medication if there is little or no improvement.
Take care of your feet and they’ll take care of you. Learn how here. #HealthStatus
- 1How to treat an individual’s foot pain depends upon the cause of the discomfort.
- 2When you experience pain in your feet, it means something is not right with the foot’s internal structures and/or how it interacts with external influences.
- 3A doctor will order blood work and take x-rays to rule out infection or structural abnormalities in the foot.
See the original at: https://www.medicinenet.com/foot_pain/article.htm
Designed to help people who may want an alternative to NSAIDs or non-steroidal drugs and aspirin, OR those who no longer qualify for a prescription (as well as those who simply reject pharmaceutical drugs) yet have discomfort related to some physical trauma. Naturally help EASE your body from daily wear and tear, with Turmacin that may support healthy muscles and joints.
- Can support body’s response to inflammation
- May support healthy responses to physical tension
- May be taken daily
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Eye Health – Cataracts - February 18, 2019
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019