Most brides are looking for quick-fix weight loss solutions and may fall prey to infomercials featuring gadgets and diets promising weight loss and hard bodies practically overnight! The truth is that fat lose and muscle gain don’t happen the first day you start thinking about changing your eating habits or begin your new exercise program, however you will feel the benefits of eating healthy and regular exercise almost immediately! Once you set your calorie target and macronutrient percentages (how many calories come from carbohydrates, fats and protein), and get your body moving (exercise), you can add these three quick rituals I learned in an article written by fitness and nutrition expert, Ben Greenfield, in the morning to accelerate your fat release:
- Drink 100-150 mgs of caffeine from coffee green tea or green tea.
- Move your body in a low impact aerobic form of exercise such as walking, easy yoga routine or gardening for 20 minutes.
- Shower alternating between cold and warm water, 10 seconds of warm to 20 seconds of cold, 10 times, that’s 5 minutes total.
This is definitely worth an experiment!
The caffeine mobilizes fat cells and exercise in a fasted state will force your body to use fat as fuel instead of the immediate energy it would use if you eat carbs prior to exercise. Alternating warm to cold shower stimulates brown fat (this is the fat you actually want) to burn the white fat (the fat you don’t want). So you can burn fat without deprivation or pain- awesome!
Here are some extra tips to maximize fat loss and muscle gain for super sexy Bride Fit arms and fit & firm body:
- Drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Skip snacking throughout the day, going 4-5 hours without eating will allow the release of fat burning hormones.
- Alternate between high intensity interval-training (HIIT) workouts one day and weight training the next.
- Reduce or eliminate processed carbohydrates that don’t offer any nutrients such as pretzels, so called “healthy” granola bars, crackers, chips, pasta and bread.
- Get at 7-9 hours of quality sleep. Start with a dark and cool room (cover all the illuminated lights on the cable box, computer and cell phone), diffuse lavender essential oil, drizzle some on your pillow, or dab some under your nose. Meditation prior to sleep is also very effective practice to sleep soundly through the night.
- Managing stress through meditation, massage, activities that give you pleasure, and laughter.
If you need support and a personalized program from a coach to reach your nutrition and fitness goals contact me. For the roadmap to getting wedding dress ready and the secrets to living happily and healthily ever after with your partner, purchase my on-line program for Exceptional Brides today!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017