You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.-John C. Maxwell.
How you start your day sets the stage for the rest of it. I listened to an interview with Hal Elrod, the author of The Morning Miracle, and learned through his experience and amazing story, the importance of a morning routine to be successful in life. There’s no specific formula for the perfect morning routine; the important part is that you have one! It will set up your day to be happier and more productive.
You may think that you have no time as it is in morning and I’m suggesting you to add a routine! I promise you that investing as little as 6 minutes per day will give you more time, energy and clarity to your day. The 6 minutes, according to Hal Elrod, looks something like this:
- For 1 minute think of your gratitude list, pray for guidance for your day, or just focus on your breathing.
- Make a list of affirmations that remind you of your unlimited potential and your most important priorities. Saying them out loud will motivate you, give you confidence and will energize you to take the actions necessary. Here’s an example; I LOVE MY BRIDE FIT BODY, I’m Physically & Mentally Strong! Connecting the emotion of how that affirmation feels and really believing it will motivate you to continue the habits that support that result.
- Whatever your goals are; fit body, happier relationship, more laughter, or more money. See what it will look like, feel what it will feel like, and experience the joy of it.
- For a minute write down what you’re grateful for, proud of and/or the results you’re committed to creating that day.
- Read 1 or 2 pages of a self-help book or something that inspires you. Learning 1 new idea, something you can implement into your day.
- Get up and do 60 seconds of jump jacks or something to get your heart rate up. This will energize you and increase your ability to be alert and focused.
Drinking a large glass of water with lemon in the morning is one habit that has great benefits. In addition to jumpstarting your water intake for the day, adding lemon cleanses your system and helps flush out toxins, aids digestion, reduces inflammation and gives your immune system a boost. Implementing a 15-minute brisk walk in the morning has many benefits also including an improved mood.
Adding more to your already busy bride schedule seems impossible but something called “habit stacking” is a helpful strategy. Habit Stacking is a way to build a new habit into your life by stacking it on top of something you’re currently doing. For an example, before you brush your teeth (current habit) meditate (new habit) for three minutes. Another example is while the coffee is brewing; make it a rule to drink a glass of water with fresh lemon.
Start a morning routine this week. Keep it simple. Maybe follow the 6 minutes listed above; Silence, Affirmations, Visualization, Scribing, Reading and Exercising. That’s a great start! Then hit the lemon water and take a 15-minute walk!
For more information on how to be an Exceptional Bride join my online program 12 Weeks To a Fit Bride today! You’ll learn how to get ‘wedding dress ready’ and all the secrets to living ‘happily & healthily ever after.’ Most importantly, keep smiling!
Latest posts by Sheila Piehler (see all)
- Navigating A Bride Fit Nutrition Plan Through The Holiday Season - December 1, 2017
- Eat Carbs & Skip Workouts To Get a Bride Fit Body - November 10, 2017
- Release The Extra Summer Pounds & Reset Your Bride Fit Body - August 25, 2017