CBD has definitely become the big new thing in cannabis since marijuana started becoming legal across America. It’s available in many forms as consumers look on store shelves and website listings for a way to get this new product in a version that best suits them. CBD is now being put into creams and pills, ointments and gummies; almost anything a person might want it in, some producer has made it possible and put it up for sale. But this twenty-first century gold rush of CBD availability has alerted the United States Food and Drug Administration, who is warning consumers to be wary of snake oil salesmen who claim their CBD products are a miracle drug for everything under the sun. The agency is starting to step in more aggressively as health claims from CBD producers get more and more prevalent. It is beginning to paper those producers with warning letters and further threats as the claims continue to mount and confuse consumers. A public hearing will happen in May, which will give consumers a chance to speak directly to the FDA, and make sure the federal agency is aware of what CBD manufacturers are claiming, and what consumers are being told. The availability of CBD is directly related to a newly passed Farm Bill, which removed restrictions on hemp and hemp related products.
- 1Products containing CBD oil are everywhere, but scientists know little about their health benefits.
- 2The FDA has recently instructed companies to stop making false health claims about the CBD oil in their products.
- 3Consumers should be careful because of the unregulated nature of CBD-containing products.
See the original at: https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=220965
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- How Sleep Is Different for Men and Women - November 19, 2019
- 3 Things That Won’t Help Your Baby Sleep: The Anti-Advice - November 7, 2019
- Hemp In China: A Hemp Growing Superpower - November 5, 2019