Song of Solomon Chapter 2 Verse 15 says : Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
This is the principle: Major On The Minors
You see foxes love grapes- An adult fox is about knee high- and when they are walking around in a vineyard and they decide to eat- they eat the actual grapes- they don’t do any damage to the vine itself- and so the grapes can always grow back.
But it is different for the little baby foxes. You see, their little mouths are much closer to the ground- so they nibble away at the base of the vine- thus causing damage to the root system- long term damage.
You see, it is the little things that can make all the difference- in sports, in life, and even in business.
For example, baseball it’s often called the “game of inches”-you see a batted ball that lands a few inches fair or foul can determine which team wins and loses the game.
You see, it’s no different in the marketplace either. It’s the little things that make all the difference.
Every day we have hundreds-maybe even thousands of small decisions to make. But in reality most of them are rather meaningless in the long run.
But there are many small things that if not handled correctly- can cause permanent damage.
- The little decision to not address that underperforming employee
- Or perhaps ignoring an unhappy customer by not addressing their concern right away
You see the longer we wait to handle these little things- the greater the consequences.
So remember it’s important to pay attention to the little details of doing your work with excellence and top notch professionalism. So to truly set yourself apart and experience true success – Major on the Minors!
When you do this- you will be applying the [email protected].
- 1What does this message say to you?
- 2Are there some small things in business or in life that you have avoided addressing? Why?
- 3Is there a situation you have been a part of that was put aside so long that the situation grew worse? What was it?
- 4Can you think of an example in the Bible where when something small was addressed something big happened?