Fatty liver disease is a disease of the liver characterized by when the liver is made up of 5% or more of fat. While fatty liver disease can be caused by drinking, it is also caused by obesity and other unhealthy habits. When it is not caused by alcohol, it is considered non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Studies were done on a group of people who have NAFLD (Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease) and minimal scarring of the liver and then observed what happened to those who drank and those who did not.
Of the people who drank, 26% had more scarring of the liver.
Even light drinkers were affected by this, having a 6% increase in scarring.
These tests may not be totally accurate though because non-invasive methods of testing the liver were used, which may give inaccurate results, and the types of alcohol were not considered.
The studies were meant to find out if red wine helps with heart health, because NAFLD and heart disease are usually linked by unhealthy life choices.
All things considered though, even alcohol in minimal amounts can possibly increase the rate of progression and scarring of fatty liver disease, so it is best to keep your distance from all alcohol to protect the health of your liver.
Liver disease and alcohol don’t mix. Even if your liver damage isn’t from alcohol. #HealthStatus
- 1Non-alcoholoic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is liver disease that is not related to liver damage from drinking alcohol.
- 2A study of 58,927 patients with NAFLD showed moderate drinkers are 29% more likely to have worse fibrosis, and light drinkers are 6% more likely.
- 3Controlling one’s weight is still the best way to lower liver disease, as obesity is the main contributor to NAFLD.
Did You Know?
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this product.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018