Before having gastric bypass you are expected to go on a two week diet. The diet consists of two eight ounce whey protein shakes a day along with a four ounce lean meat. You are allowed one to liquid sugar free snack ounce a day. This translates to a protein shake in the morning a sugar free jello or popsicle mid morning, another shake for lunch and four ounces of a lean meat in the evening. Your daily caloric intake will be about five hundred and fifty calories a day. You may also receive from your doctor a bag full of goodies that you will make it easier for you to keep up with your diet. One item is a plastic shaker that has a metal coil inside that you fill with your protein mix and water and shake. You may also receive a multi vitamin supplement, heart rate monitor an exercise band that you will use after surgery. Learn about all this and more.
Key Points of Video:
- 1So far Jenny has lost 89 pounds.
- 2She had a pulled pork sandwich as her last meal before the surgey.
- 3The only thing she can have before the surgery is Tylenol.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Death By Coronavirus: Covered By Life Insurance Policies? - April 1, 2020
- How To Shop For Medicine and Healthy Food Whilst Saving Money During The Coronavirus - March 31, 2020
- 5 Habits That Are Affecting Your Flexibility And Range Of Motion - March 27, 2020