There are five signs that you might be healthier than you think. Frequent exercise is a good way to stay healthy, but sometimes being in good shape is not only about how your health is physically. Dietitian Rachel Hartley and Dr. Cindy Geyer say that great health is a measure of how your health is mentally, physically, and socially. There are five signs that you can look out for on a daily basis that let you know how healthy you are.
1. First it is important to have a healthy relationship with food and trust how your body feels, while you are eating. Eat until you are full but do not over stuff yourself. Eat slowly and do not try to force it down, when you’re in a hurry.
2. Second, it is actually important to make sure you are eating enough food. Make sure you are taking in enough calories and eating a large variety of foods. Some diets can exclude certain things, and if your body does not get that calories that it needs, you can become weak.
3. A third sign is Dr. Cindy’s stair test. She believes that if you are able to walk up two flights of stairs without any issues, then this means that your body is able perform high activity.
4. See if you have enough energy to perform your own to-do list. If you are able to do the things that you want to do on a daily basis, then this is a sign that your are in good health.
5. And lastly, sleep is important to your health. If you can wake up without the help of an alarm clock on a consistent basis, then this is a great sign that you are healthy.
Don’t be quick to jump on the downer train. You might be on track to good health already. #HealthStatus
- 1Many people have a skewed perception of what it means to be healthy – they think that true health requires extraordinary athleticism.
- 2On the contrary, to be medically healthy, one simply has to live a balanced life, and a few signs are evidence of that.
- 3For example, if you’re sleeping well, waking up naturally, and able to moderate your diet without difficulty, those signs are all indicative of general wellness.