A recent study has found an association between eating fish and the prevention of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Multiple Sclerosis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the central nervous system that may lead to neuro-degeneration. MS isn’t considered a genetic disease but it does seem to run in families.
Fish and fish oil provide Omega-3 proteins and have a neuro-protective nature. They also seem to suppress MS-related inflammation.
1,153 people were studied. Participants were divided into two groups those with a high fish intake (ate fish once per week or took a fish oil supplement) and those with a low fish intake (ate fish less than once per month and no fish oil supplement). Those with the higher consumption of fish oil in their diets were associated with a 45% reduced risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
Things you can do to help prevent Multiple Sclerosis:
- Eat Fish or increase fish oil supplements
- Do not smoke
- Lower your consumption of Alcohol
- Increase Vitamin D
- Increase B12
Continued research into how and why fish/fish oil work against MS is ongoing.
Omega-3 fish oil continues to prove it’s good for your overall health. Here’s the new good news. #HealthStatus
- 1Fish provide a polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) known as omega-3.
- 2Omega-3 PUFAs protect brain function and are anti-inflammatory.
- 3Lifestyle modification can reduce the risk of Multiple Sclerosis.
See the original at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/fish-diet-may-reduce-risk-of-ms
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of April 14th, 2021 are Here
- This Ultimate Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 3 Different Types Of Spinal Stenosis - April 1, 2021
- 3 Reasons People Use Organic Hand Soaps - February 24, 2021
- 3 Ways The Healthcare System Has Adapted To Remote Working - February 15, 2021