Not to be confused with the bacterial disease cholera, chlorella is a water algae full of healthy amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s starting to gain something of a super food status among those interested in nutrition and dietary supplements. While it’s good for you, it’s difficult if not impossible for humans to collect and consume without modern industrial processing being involved. After all, it is a single-celled organism. In the wild, chlorella serves as a basic food source for shrimp and crab.
- Total amino acid profile.
- High content of omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Increase immunity.
- Fights cancer.
But we must BEWARE: The main issue with chlorella is lipopolysaccharide, or LPS. This is a toxic substance that’s normally found on the surface of cells, including chlorella. When ingested, it can trigger an inflammation response that can be serious or even deadly in some cases. Many of the wild animals that might regularly consume chlorella have evolved certain kinds of defenses against LPS, to limit or eliminate their risk of symptoms. Humans, however, are still vulnerable to it. Worse, long term exposure to LPS can result in serious neurological damage.
The issue with LPS infected chlorella hasn’t dissuaded nutritional researchers from continuing to look at incorporating it into human diets. If the problems with LPS can be solved efficiently and safely, chlorella could become a major boost to diets around the world.
Extracts of omega-3 fatty acids from chlorella should be free of LPS and other toxic substances.
A single celled algae might be a superfood, if some lingering toxicity problems can be resolved. #HealthStatus
- 1Chlorella has been regarded as a “super food” for quite some time because of its high content of positive fatty acids such as DHA and EPA.
- 2Humans who take chlorella need to be cautious about a protein found on the bacteria’s surface — lipopolysaccharide, which, can cause a wide variety of health issue including possibly Alzheimer’s disease.
- 3The viruses found in chlorella are also of concern because of their proteins whose function is unknown and the increased risk of infection to humans.
See the original at: http://blog.muscle-zone.com/chlorella-a-trojan-horse-among-superfoods/
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of July 22nd, 2019 are Here
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Child Constipation - July 22, 2019
- How Safe Is Your Public Swimming Pool? - July 17, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Lactose Intolerance - July 15, 2019