Dietary fiber is a necessary component to anyone’s diet, but many people fall short of meeting their daily intake goals. Fiber serves many purposes such as helping lower cholesterol, keeping you feeling full, maintaining blood sugar levels, and preventing constipation and diverticulitis. Finding good sources of dietary fiber is not difficult. There are many foods high in fiber, like fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, and nuts. Some examples of foods high in fiber are almonds, pears, black beans, avocado, raspberries, popcorn, and barley. There are also some additional steps you can take in order to increase your fiber intake, like choosing steel cut oats over refined cereals, having sandwiches on wraps instead of bread and putting fresh vegetables like tomato and lettuce on it, eating the skins of fruits, and choosing whole grain noodles or brown rice. Also, try to get your fiber from natural sources instead of supplements. The benefits you reap from the natural forms of fiber, like feeling full, may not be obtained from unnatural fiber sources.
When increasing your fiber intake, always be sure to do it in a slow pace. Increasing fiber too quickly can cause constipation and nausea. Also always be sure to drink plenty of fluids when consuming more fiber, otherwise the fiber may have trouble traveling the digestive system.
Adding fiber to your diet is yummy and simple; no need for a can of powder. Here’s how. #HealthStatus
- 1Fiber is a key to a healthy diet, most people fail to include enough fiber rich foods in their meals.
- 2Fiber helps contribute to normal weight, works to lower cholesterol, and relieves digestive problems that can lead to constipation.
- 3Fruits and vegetables are a natural and often tasty source of fiber; so are beans, whole grains, and nuts and seeds.
Did You Know?
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this product.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019