Many people want to look at natural ways to boost their chances of getting pregnant and often look to help from essential oils.
Essential Oils are:
- Easy to use / Easy to acquire
- Healthy / Therapeutic
- Smell great
You must be careful when you are attempting to conceive and be especially wary of doing anything that can be harmful to your hormone levels. If you are currently taking herbs or medications it is important to check with your health care professional before even adding essential oils to your routine.
Do not use Geranium, Clary Sage, Thyme and Fennel after ovulation when actively trying to conceive.
Thyme essential oil is most known for antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. While the herb thyme when consumed can help with progesterone levels the essential oil thyme does not seem to do the same. Only boost progesterone if you know for sure that you have low levels and there are more accurate ways of doing this than using essential oils.
DO NOT use or start essential oils if you are going to start IVF treatments. If you are currently on fertility medications DO NOT combine herbs and EOs with your medications.
Trying to conceive is not the time to experiment with essential oils! #HealthStatus
- 1Essential oils both smell nice and can shift hormonal balance.
- 2Certain essential oils are more known for antibacterial properties above all else.
- 3Essential oil use for hormonal balance should be discontinued if medicated for something similar.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018