When comparing ibuprofen and meloxicam, it is important to note that both drugs are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) pharmaceuticals, just as aspirin is. While both of these pain relieving and fever reducing drugs have the same side effects, risks and benefits as each other, the main difference in the two drugs is the availability to children under two years of age. Ibuprofen is available for children under the age of two from a variety of different brand names. Meloxicam, however, is not recommended for children under the age of two at all.
The other differences between ibuprofen and meloxicam are in accessibility to the drugs. Ibuprofen can be found under many brand names, such as Motrin, Advil, PediaCare and others. Meloxicam is only available under the brand name, Mobic. One other difference, which is significant is the prescribed use of the two drugs. Ibuprofen is used for treating a wide range of symptoms, such as pain, fever, inflammation, different types of arthritis and even menstrual cramps. Meloxicam is prescribed for the treatment of symptoms caused by the disease, osteoarthritis, such as swelling, pain and tenderness that the disease causes.
So, while both ibuprofen and. Meloxicam are of the same type of drug, they both have differences in what they treat and how they treat it.
Are you looking for pain medication, but are confused with all of the different brands? Read this! #HealthStatus
- 1Both meloxicam and ibuprofen are drugs that manage inflammation, fever, and pain.
- 2Both drugs have similar side effects, including some as serious as blood pressure and cardiac problems.
- 3Taking either drug with milk or food can reduce some of the gastrointestinal side effects.
See the original at: https://www.medicinenet.com/ibuprofen_vs_meloxicam/article.htm
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021