This video talks about ways to lower a persons stroke risk through more healthy eating practices. Pointing to practices such as lowering sodium and increasing potassium or even simply eating more greens such as spinach, will all have a positive impact on on stroke reduction risk factors. Those vegetables with more nitrates are seen as having a positive impact in lowering blood pressure and in turn, overall personal health. Over time, this type of healthy eating behavior can reduce stroke levels. Potassium is thought to function in a similar way as greens and actually can help the release of nitrates in the body and improve the function of our arteries. Sodium reduces the release of nitrates in the arteries and the body so it actually counteracts the positive aspects of the greens and potassium. The problem is that while the body needs more potassium than most people are consuming already, people are consuming more and more sodium. Essentially people are eating foods in the wrong order and out of balance in terms of what our bodies need to function the best possible ways. If the ratios were switched in terms of what people eat, then levels of heart disease and stroke will go down significantly.
Boost body’s potassium, over sodium, with heart-healthy potatoes, spinach, bananas. #HealthStatus
- 1Lowering the sodium to potassium ration, within the body, is a good way to reduce the risk of stroke.
- 2It’s even been suggested that arterial flow is enhanced within minutes of consuming potassium-rich greens.
- 3Besides being of benefit to those with high blood pressure and other cardiac conditions, lowering sodium intake could prove beneficial for those with asthma.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021