The issues with opiod pain medications are becoming more and more well known, but receiving less attention as the news focuses on pain killers are drugs prescribed for mood alteration. Medications targeted for anti-anxiety, such as Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, and Xanax, are also addictive. Which is a problem as prescription rates increase, and the stress and pressure of modern life encourages patients bombarded with advertisements or even encouragement from friends who found stress relief in pill form to ask doctors for the medications.
Clinical research shows these benzodiazepine medications should be used as a short-term solution, but doctors are often allowing patients to use them for much longer periods of times. Years in some cases. The addition that can form with benzodiazepines is not just mental, though that is certainly a factor. Most concerning is how the anti-anxiety drugs can form physically addictive effects. Long-term patients can experience cognitive damage, see their balance and coordination affected, and have a measurably higher level of mortality than those who are not regularly taking the medications.
Rates of use of benzodiazepine medications has increased more than threefold since the 1990s in America. Deaths involving drug overdoses see benzodiazepine on the list of what drugs were found in the deceased’s system in a third of such incidents.
Common mood managing drugs taken by millions for anxiety and similar disorders could be a problem. #HealthStatus
- 1Benzos have addictive affects that are as hazardous as opoids.
- 2The benxos are being over prescribed incombination with other antidepressants.
- 3The combination of these drugs can have long lasting side effects.
See the original at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/the-other-prescription-drug-problem-benzos
Designed to help people who may want an alternative to NSAIDs or non-steroidal drugs and aspirin, OR those who no longer qualify for a prescription (as well as those who simply reject pharmaceutical drugs) yet have discomfort related to some physical trauma. Naturally help EASE your body from daily wear and tear, with Turmacin that may support healthy muscles and joints.
- Can support body’s response to inflammation
- May support healthy responses to physical tension
- May be taken daily
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What Causes Student Stress And How To Avoid It In College - February 21, 2020
- Science Reveals Fascinating Insights About Who We Are And Where We Come From - February 20, 2020
- What To Look For In Quality Chiropractic Graduate Schools - February 20, 2020