This year has not been so bad with the number of flu outbreaks, however, it is still making the rounds in the midwest. Spring can’t come soon enough.
How to tell if what you are feeling is the flu?
Flu symptoms hit you all at once. There is no gradual lead up to feeling awful, just all of a sudden you will feel terrible. Some symptoms to watch for:
- Chills or fever that lasts 3 or 4 days.
- Cough or tightness in the chest.
- Sore throat.
- A runny or stuffy nose.
- Severe muscle or body aches.
- A headache is a good indicator of the flu. This is a rare symptom to have for just a cold and a good indicator of something more severe going on.
- Vomiting and or diarrhea.
Those at high risk for complications:
- Children under 2.
- Adults over 65.
- Pregnant women.
- Those already dealing with an impaired immune system.
- Those with asthma, diabetes or heart disease.
Tips for flu prevention:
- Get a flu shot.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Use a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated. Don’t forget to wipe door handles and light switches with a disinfectant wipe if someone in your home has been ill. And your phone carries tons of germs so wipe it down too.
How long does the flu last?
The flu generally lasts between 2 days and 14 days. So we all hope for that 24 hour flu but you might be ill for up to 2 weeks. If have the flu, limit your contact with others as much as possible to avoid spreading it.
The flu can lead to complications like ear or sinus infections. Watch out for dehydration and if you are not sure if what you are feeling is the flu, please see a health care professional.
Get the only CBD oil certified by The Hemp Authority. unKanni CBD Oil, organic, non-GMO, grown, extracted and bottled in the USA.