Some people might question if Alzheimer’s disease can be stopped before it even starts. Many schools have joined the search for getting rid of Alzheimer’s disease. There is a new vaccine being tested that will hopefully prevent it from occurring in adults. There are more than 70 USC researchers that are hard at work trying to tackle this issue head on in hopes of helping the many people that are impacted by this awful condition. Over 47 million people around the world are affected by this condition and this is motivation for people that are working to fix this issue. There are many challenges that are there for researchers to handle and much of the testing has not worked well because the testing has been done on people that have an advanced form of the condition. One researcher has said that by getting involved ten to twelve years before the onset of the disease, people will be able to be healed even before they have the condition. The people who qualify for the study may get the vaccine or a placebo, or an oral medication. The vaccine as well as the oral medication both target amyloid beta. That is the main culprit in Alzheimer’s disease.
If Alzheimer’s could be stopped, wouldn’t you like to know how to stop it before it starts? #HealthStatus
- 1Researchers from North America, Australia and Europe are aligning forces to test a vaccine that may delay the onset of Alzheimer’s in adults shown to have a propensity.
- 2The conjoined effort, known as the Generation Study, has been joined by more than 70 researchers from the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California.
- 3The goal is to intervene before the disease takes hold, as many prior efforts have tried to intervene after the disease is too far gone.
See the original at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-09-alzheimer-years.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021