Don’t ignore your ongoing pain, it just might be trying to tell you something! We all experience the occasional aches and pains associated with daily living. We twist our ankle or exercise too hard. But, for recurring and ongoing pain, you need to see a doctor who can investigate the root cause. In many cases, high uric acid levels can be the culprit. This can cause pain, swelling, and, if left untreated, can lead to gout, kidney stones and even damage to your kidneys. In this article you will discover the risk factors and causes of high levels of uric acid. Diet, lack of exercise and genetics can predispose you to developing this problem. If you want to know all your risk factors, as well as steps you can take to control your uric acid levels, this is the article for you! Taking steps to protect your body in this area can help guard against diabetes, high blood pressure and renal failure… read now to find out how!
- 1Uric acid is a chemical produced in the body when it breaks down foods that contain organic compounds called purines, a kind of amino acid.
- 2The good news is that uric acid levels can be managed with medicines
- 3Tests showed multiple stones in the kidney, compromised kidney function and hypertension. He had also been ignoring the multiple episodes of joint pain he had been suffering for years.
Limit the intake of red meat, poultry and fish to twice a week—animal proteins are high in purine, which leads to high uric acid levels in the body. Choose vegetarian protein sources, such as dairy products, as alternatives.
Read the full article at: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/iBW4R7VArqLREbKqbKSsBK/Joint-pain-Check-your-uric-acid-level.html&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjhjMDhkMjQ0Yzc4OWE4MmY6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNGUiJ6pZvEe9rO0vnNAJGfX3P-jsg
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Important Reasons Why You Need Relationship Goals - July 17, 2018
- A Critical Look at CBD Oil: The Effects and Benefits - March 28, 2018
- CBD Oil: Benefits, Uses & Side Effects - March 2, 2018