There are many people who suggest sitting on a ball while at a desk. There are many things to consider when choosing a ball such as size. It is very important to choose the right size so that it is comfortable for a person using a computer or phone on a desk top. There are many ways of creating motion when seated on an exercise ball. There are also easy ways to create small stretches throughout the day when seated on an exercise ball. It is easy to take micro-breaks when seated on an exercise ball as well which will help keep a person energized to continue working. The video shares that it is also important to take standing breaks throughout the day to keep the body in motion and working the nervous system in different ways.
Key Points of Video:
- 1If sitting on a ball at your desk, make sure you’re using the correct size of ball according to your height to ensure you are the correct height at your desk. Use the ball while you’re working by locking your feet under the ball and rolling forward for a calf stretch or using the ball to give yourself a ‘micro break’ by moving and using the ball to stretch your back and other parts of your body.
- 2If standing while you work, try standing on foam pads, or stability trainers, either on the ground or on a rocker board to burn calories and work on your balance, stability, and strength while working.
- 3In general, it’s important to make sure you move your body while you’re working to not only burn calories and build strength but to also prevent side effects of chronic posture.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018
- What Are Primary And Secondary Cannabis Terpenes? - November 8, 2018
- Hemp For Keto: Why Hemp Protein Is Perfect For The Keto Diet - November 6, 2018