1 John 1:7 says, “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another. And the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.”
Have you ever been involved in a project or business deal with someone and you just felt inside that they weren’t telling you the whole truth?
Well today’s verse is telling us that we must walk in the light if we’re to enjoy true fellowship with Jesus and with one another.
So in the Marketplace, what does it mean to actually walk in the Light?
Well I believe it means to live and talk with absolute integrity. This is where you can lay your head down on the pillow at night and go to sleep knowing you’ve operated in business in such a way that is pleasing to the Lord.
Now in order to walk in the Light you need to conduct yourself where you have nothing to fear, nothing to hide, and nothing to prove.
Now when you have Nothing to Fear, you won’t be afraid of anyone.
And when you have Nothing to Hide, you’re free to tell the truth.
And when you have Nothing to Prove, you know the results are in God’s hands.
Now imagine that. Living in such a way that you’re truly walking in the light. His Light, and His Truth.
If you do this you will be putting the [email protected].
- 1What was most helpful or impactful from this message for you?
- 2When you think of “walking and working in the light,” what sorts of things come to mind?
- 3What things can you do to make sure that you are daily “walking inthe light”?
- 4Name someone you feel has great integrity. Why do you see them this way?
- 5Is there anything at work right now that is challenging your integrity? If so, what?