Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, which is also known as COPD is something many people suffer from but they may not necessarily know they have it. COPD is an umbrella term for a number of diseases, mainly bronchitis and emphazema. Unfortunately it is estimated that over three million people in the United Kingdom have COPD but there are so many individuals that have it and don’t know they have it. It is estimated that only about one million people are actually diagnosed with COPD. It is a terrible disease but if it’s diagnosed it can be treated. Children with COPD have a much harder time with the disease because they are young and more susceptible to ailments. This could possibly be true with the elderly as well. You can be tested for the disease.
Key Points of Video:
- 1COPD stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- 2Three million people in UK have COPD.
- 3Only one million of those three million people are actually diagnosed with COPD.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Blood Test May Predict Who Is Most At Risk For Diabetes - July 19, 2018
- My Mammogram Missed My Breast Cancer - July 19, 2018
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018