Hair loss is unsettling but not unusual. There are several causes of hair loss including: Male and female pattern baldness, alopecia, stress, diet and nutrition, medications, Trichotill-omania, over processed hair, certain scalp conditions and thyroid and hormone imbalances are to name a few. There are several forms of alopecia, traction alopecia which is caused by putting stress and traction on the hair. Alopecia areata which is a disease that causes patchy hair loss. Androgenetic alopecia which is a modern term for male or female pattern baldness. Anagen effluvium is also a form of baldness which is caused by taking certain medications. The people of the American Hair loss council can tell you what type of hair loss you are experiencing and they also provide proven hair loss treatment options, that are individually customized to you.
- 1There are several types of hair loss and a number of causes for it.
- 2Some hair loss is caused by a person physically stressing and putting tension on the hair. This might be a result of hair weaving and corn rows that were too tightly done.
- 3The largest percentage of hair loss is due to male or female pattern baldness that might be caused by hormones and/or genetics.
While hair loss is certainly unsettling it is not unusual.
Read the full article at: https://www.ahlc.org/understanding-hair-loss/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021