There are many supplements out there for people looking to gain muscle, and the following are the biggest ones right now. First, we have pre-workout supplements. These are taken 30 minutes prior to working out and contain a mixture of minerals for boosting energy and building muscle. Specifically, when choosing a pre-workout supplement, you should look for L-tyrosine, caffeine, L-Arginine, and BCAAs.
Next, supplements of vitamin E and D for a multitude of reasons. Many people do not consume adequate amounts of these vitamins and they contribute to weight loss, restoring energy after workouts, muscle building, and the prevention of muscle loss.
Creatine is also a well-known supplement that can increase lean muscle mass, and increase muscle size and strength.
Beetroot extract is high in nitrates that increase blood flow capacity so your muscles require less oxygen, which can lower amounts of run time needed or improve high intensity interval training performance.
Last but not least is tried and true coffee and caffeine. Before working out, consuming a proportionate amount of caffeine for your body weight can cause an “explosiveness” to your muscle energy, giving your workout a boost. You should aim for three to nine mg per kilogram of body weight.
Take these five things for peak performance! #HealthStatus
- 1Pre-workout powders are great ways to enhance your performance and give you essential nutrients.
- 2Vitamins E and D are often forgotten nutrients that can add to muscle and workout recovery.
- 3Caffeine can give you a 10 percent performamce boost thanks to its stimulant properties.
See the original at: https://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/supplements/5-most-popular-supplements-right-now-explained
Everyone and their mother knows that beets are good for you, but does everyone know why?
Packed with phytonutrients (“phyto” being the Greek word for plants), vitamins and minerals, beets provide support to many systems of the body from digestion to energy levels.
- Bodies convert the nitrates found in beets to nitric oxide, which helps improve oxygenation levels in the blood and overall circulation.
- The antioxidants and fiber act like natural cleansing agents, helping with the detoxification of toxins and heavy metals in the blood and giving the digestive tract a gentle flush to support a healthy elimination process.
- Consuming whole foods like beets is an excellent way to reduce the immune system from triggering ongoing harmful levels of high inflammation.
- Healthy blood pressure, stamina, and detox are just a few of the immune boosting benefits of beets. According to a study done on beetroot juice.
- Beets may stimulate cell production, which can protect your skin from premature aging and wrinkles. It’ll also keep your brain young by preserving it with nitrates to improve blood flow.