A trio of genes have been newly identified to have a link to Alzheimer’s Disease and the chance of an individual contracting the cognitive disorder. New research, conducted by medical scientists in the United Kingdom, was published in Translational Psychiatry detailing the latest findings into these genetic markers.
The research looked at the children of Alzheimer’s patients, as well as the patients themselves. More than three hundred thousand people were part of the pool of participants examined by the researchers. By comparing the genetic code of these individuals, scientists were able to pinpoint new avenues for later research. The new findings may lead to drug therapies that can better combat the effects of the disease, or lead to better understanding of not just inherent genetic risk factors, but possibly any lifestyle reasons for why some individuals contract Alzheimer’s and other do not.
With this information, doctors are hopeful more Alzheimer’s patients can be helped to more effectively combat the effects of the effects of dementia. While a cure does not yet exist for Alzheimer’s, earlier detection and a more rapid beginning to what treatments and assistance medical science can offer does slow the mental decline. Patients who can detect and begin treating their Alzheimer’s sooner have a better prognosis, and will descend into the most helpless stages of the dementia later.
New research into the children of Alzheimer’s patients reveals genetic markers for the disease. #HealthStatus
- 1Scientists discovered they can gain insights into the causes of Alzheimer’s by studying genes of the children of Alzheimer’s patients.
- 2Three new genes that can be associated with the disease have been discovered using the method of studying children of the Alzheimer patients.
- 3This method gives scientists a much wider pool of people to include in their genetic analysis.
See the original at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-05-big-reveals-alzheimer-genes.html
Do you need help in the area of Dementia Care? Check out this available resource: Fit Minds Family Caregiver Program
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018