Mental activity that encourages a patient to remain focused and alert may very well be a significant method of reducing risk factors for cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. Medical researchers have been stepping up their investigations into dementia based disorders, and are beginning to produce data that supports this theory of helping some patients who might otherwise be afflicted by one stave it off.
The recent findings point to fitness levels being linked to the health not just of the body, but also the mind. Both mentally as well as the physical structures of the human brain. Studies into neurodegeneration have revealed that patients with higher overall fitness levels have stronger white matter in their brains. This correlates to a stronger level of overall brain function, which also aligns with a lower likelihood of developing a cognitive disease.
Some of the findings point to oxygen levels that the brain can access being part of the reason. Patients with higher fitness levels tend to have cardiovascular systems that operate more efficiently. This increases blood oxygen levels, and also allows the brain to have better and more regular access to oxygen for its own needs.
The results further reinforce something doctors have been saying for a very long time; exercise improves health. Beyond improving appearance and physical capability, it also boosts your mind’s ability to stay with you even with advancing age.
Physical fitness can boost mental acuity, and help stave off cognitive decline. Be healthy! #HealthStatus
- 1Scientists have concluded a study showing the relationship between exercise and brain function.
- 2Specifically, these researchers discovered that more active older adults his significantly less deterioration of the brain than those who are sedentary.
- 3This research could hold essential keys to developing lifestyle guidelines for Alzheimer’s prevention.
See the original at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-02-poor-linked-weaker-brain-fiber.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018