Marijuana use has been directly related to lowering blood flow to the brain. Studies have shown that when reviewing the brain scans of over 1000 subjects that blood flow was significantly decreased in those who admitted marijuana usage. The hippocampus part of the brain was greatly affected and this is the portion of the brain that is responsible for memory and the ability to reason. This study also concludes that is does not just effect those that smoke marijuana but also for any way it is ingested it still lowers blood flow. Some doctors have been prescribing marijuana to deal with the effects of Alzheimer’s but this study suggest doctors should be a little more discriminating because of the lack of blood flow evident with its usage, saying it may further complicate the patients judgment. Some discrepancies with the study was that they evaluated 1000 pot users compared to only 92 non pot users. When comparing the statistics the number of test subjects should be equal. Overall the information needs to be further evaluated but it is something to consider before you light up, eat the brownie or ingest the pill.
- 1There is a special technology used to study the brain when it comes to the photons.
- 2Some smoking is bad for the brain, but there are some positives that happen as well.
- 3There seems to be some cause and effect when it comes to the smoking and brain.
“The differences were astonishing,” said lead researcher Dr. Daniel Amen, a psychiatrist and founder of the U.S.-based Amen Clinics. “Virtually every area of the brain we measured was lower in blood flow and activity in the marijuana smokers than in the healthy group.”
Read the full article at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-12-pot-restrict-blood-brain.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021