Living with COPD does not have to be stressful. You can learn how to cope by following the tips presented in this video. The first thing you should do is to build a strong relationship with your healthcare team. Also, be sure to learn about your healthcare plan so that you can be prepared when you meet with your doctor. This will give you a strong network that you can communicate with about your COPD There are steps that you can take on your own in addition to talking with your healthcare team. One is to stop smoking as it is one of the leading causes of COPD. Another helpful thing is to exercise on a daily basis. In addition to exercise try to eat a more healthy and balanced diet. Try to develop an exercise and diet plan that you can follow with your doctor. Keep stress at low levels as this can aggravate your COPD. Find trusted family members and friends that you can talk to and that can help you cope with your COPD. A support group can also be a great place to discuss your concerns. Following these tips can help you better manage you COPD.
Key Points of Video:
- 1Building a strong relationship with your healthcare team will allow you to feel confident in your treatment plan, and comfortable sharing your symptoms and experience with COPD with your health providers.
- 2Before each visit with your healthcare team, prepare a list of questions to ask. During the visit, write down their answers to your questions for future reference.
- 3Regular exercise can raise your energy level, improve your mood, and reduce the symptoms of your COPD.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018
- A Typical Communication Pattern of People with Alzheimer’s Disease - July 20, 2018
- Learning to Relax - July 20, 2018