Though many believe that vegetable juice is the only way to drink something healthy, pomegranate juice has been used medicinally for hundreds of years. Pomegranate gets its color from polyphenols, which not only give it its vibrant ruby color, but also are a strong antioxidant. Pomegranate also contains a very large amount of vitamin c, and may be able to help prevent cancer and Alzheimer’s alike. It helps improve digestion, and can reduce inflammation in your gut.
Pomegranate’s anti-inflammatory nature in general can help with a whole range of problems people suffer from on a daily basis. Arthritis, for instance, can be slightly relieved with enough exposure. Some studies suggest that consuming pomegranate juice can improve blood flow and reduce growth of plaque and cholesterol, though it may also react poorly with some varieties of heart medication. It should, however, lower blood pressure. It is vitamin rich, which means it can function as an anti-viral substance and can also help to balance your daily diet. It might even improve your memory, according to some studies. It can help with your endurance, whether in the bedroom or on the baseball field, and may even help to manage diabetes. Pomegranate is a wonderful, medicinally rich fruit which you should consider adding to your daily diet!
Juice doesn’t have to be green to be healthy. Just look at the pomegranate. #HealthStatus
- 1Pomegranates are red because they have polyphenols, which are full of antioxidants.
- 2A single serving of this potent fruit provides an adult with 40 percent of their required allotment of vitamin C.
- 3Besides reducing oxidative stress, the juice of this fruit is highly anti-inflammatory, alleviating such distress in the gut, and though out the body.
See the original at: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318385.php
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Post Workout Drink: Pickle Juice? - May 22, 2019
- Can You Still Get Mumps Even Though You Are Vaccinated? - May 20, 2019
- Are Eggs Good or Bad for You? New Research Rekindles Debate - May 15, 2019