Strength training requires a lot of protein. When we work the muscles hard, it tears the cells in the muscles. While this process is natural, so your body can rebuild them stronger for the next time you use them, it also means your body needs protein to build those cells back up. Most normal diets provide protein via meat, dairy, and eggs; but a serious weightlifter can have trouble getting enough protein from those sources. Which is where protein enriched food comes into the picture.
The protein bar is by now a well known staple of gym rats everywhere. Portable and thus easy to bring along, tasty in a variety of appealing flavors, and it packs a power portion of that protein our muscles are hungry for into every little bar. But there’s more than just the protein bar if you’re looking for a little variety.
Protein powder can be added to other foods, often in a hardly noticeable manner. Omelettes and pancakes, for example, can have the powder mixed in before cooking, and the result will boost the protein levels of the meal up significantly. The same goes for yogurts. You might try mixing a few spoonfuls into your coffee. And if all else fails, look for a concentrated protein shot that packs a heavy dose into a small amount of liquid.
Pack on the protein so your body can keep up with your workouts; here’s how. #HealthStatus
- 1Protein bars come in an enormous array of flavors, low or high calorie, and can almost replace a meal.
- 2Adding protein powder to other foods during preparation can sneak additional protein into foods you’re already eating.
- 3Protein shots pack a huge amount of protein into only a few grams of liquid; easy to carry and consume.
See the original at: https://blog.muscle-zone.com/high-protein-food-or-something-to-replace-protein-supplements/
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of June 1st, 2023 are Here
- This Ultimate Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
Purium Top Sellers
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card