The world of technology is rapidly evolving, especially in the medical field. Researchers have now learned how to make an algorithm that allows machines to determine and predict different people’s changes in memory and cognitive abilities. Now you may ask, what does this mean for me? Well, if you have a history of Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other mental issues that affect memory, this algorithm could help you learn how fast your memory will deteriorate. By using the algorithm, the researchers split people into two groups. One of these groups had very little change in their memory and thinking ability over five years, while the other group showed a significant decline. The group with the significant decline has a higher risk of developing dementia, or other mental health issues. However, according to doctors, such as Dr Rosa Sancho, who is head of research at Alzheimer’s Research UK, this algorithm isn’t ready to used be used clinically yet. It will help determine who is at risk for conditions like dementia, or mild mental issues, but it needs more study before being used by doctors. Once this is done, it will greatly help the world of psychological health, and will provide more insight into conditions like dementia.
Scientist create new test for dementia using algorithms. #HealthStatus
- 1The researchers used different tests to show the start of Alzheimer’s and also 5 years later.
- 2The researchers looked at many different factors that showed one group declining more rapidly than the other.
- 3This study shows how machine learning could help many people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
See the original at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-07-machine-memory.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021