Don’t you wish that adults could have nap times throughout the day like children. It would be a great rejuvenation for the body and mind. Studies show that an hour long nap can improve the memory of older Chinese adults. Researchers examined the findings of nearly 3,000 Chinese adults over 65 to see how taking an hour long nap a day can improve their memory. They took simple test after the naps to determine the function of their brains after getting the rest. According to these results people who took and hour long nap did much better than those he took less than an hour. Those that were tested that did not take a nap at all showed a decrease in the memory skills. So maybe you should try your best to get a nap in each day. Even if you can’t get the full hour in every little bit helps your brain to grow stronger and open up new areas that you may not even have known how to use.
- 1Taking a daily nap can help the brain and the memory, and how you make daily decisions.
- 2In a study, people who took a 30 minute or longer nap did better on tests immediately afterwards.
- 3The people who did not nap or napped at a lesser time did worse
The people who did not nap, and those who took shorter or longer naps, experienced about the same decline in their mental abilities that a five-year increase in age would be expected to cause.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018
- A Typical Communication Pattern of People with Alzheimer’s Disease - July 20, 2018
- Learning to Relax - July 20, 2018