Many people do not get the recommended amount of vegetables per day, but if you are trying to improve that intake, there’s one vegetable you should start with – broccoli. Broccoli has a number of benefits, including calcium, Vitamin K, fiber, and it is low calorie. It has also been touted for its cancer-fighting abilities.
People who consume more broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables have lower rates of lung and colon cancer. Broccoli contains a sulfur-containing compound which can inhibit the enzyme histone deacetylase, which is involved with cancer cells.
In addition to all the cancer related benefits, broccoli also contributes to bowel health. The fiber that makes its way to the large intestine is good for the bacteria that lives there, which may be why it helps in preventing colon cancer.
The Vitamin K in the green vegetable can also help prevent bone breaks and increase bone strength, because Vitamin K deficiencies are a big component when it comes to frail bones.
If your not a milk drinker, broccoli contributes to your need for calcium.
If broccoli isn’t your thing, you can also try kale, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, bok choy, cabbage, collard greens, rutabaga, and turnips, which are other cruciferous vegetables that are nutrient dense but low on the calories.
The secret super food your diet has been missing isn’t a secret anymore; it’s broccoli. Here’s why. #HealthStatus
- 1You only need to eat just one type of vegetable to boost your health.
- 2According to doctors green vegetables will boost the bacteria in your gut.
- 3A low vitamin K intake can cause a risk of bone fracture.
Did You Know?
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this product.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee